Connecticut Witch Trial Exoneration Project
We are a project aimed at clearing the names of those wrongfully accused of witchcraft in Connecticut through legislation and establishing a permanent memorial to the victims of the witch trials.
- At least 46 people were accused of witchcraft in colonial Connecticut. Of these, at least 11 were hanged. Due to the incompleteness of records, the true toll cannot yet be established.
- We are a group of volunteers.
- We work with legislators and other leaders to promote our goals.
- We are working for a formal declaration of the innocence of all accused of witchcraft.
- We are working for a permanent memorial to all victims of the witch trials in Connecticut.